|

楼主 |
发表于 2005-8-22 14:39
|
显示全部楼层
勃郎宁夫人与十四行诗
十四行诗的妙处听琴也是一知半解,知道的是诗要写十四行,和中国的诗词一样很考究韵脚和用词。这里再录几段勃郎宁夫人的十四行爱情诗(中英对照):
白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第一首
我想起,当年希腊的诗人曾经歌咏:
I thought once how Theocritus had sung
年复一年,那良辰在殷切的盼望中
Of the sweet years, the dear and wished-for years,
翩然降临,各自带一份礼物
Who each one in a gracious hand appears
分送给世人--年老或是年少。
To bear a gift for mortals, old or young:
当我这么想,感叹着诗人的古调,
And, as I mused it in his antique tongue,
穿过我泪眼所逐渐展开的幻觉,
I saw, in gradual vision through my tears,
我看见,那欢乐的岁月、哀伤的岁月--
The sweet, sad years, the melancholy years,
我自己的年华,把一片片黑影接连着
Those of my own life, who by turns had flung
掠过我的身。紧接着,我就觉察
A shadow across me. Straightway I was 'ware,
(我哭了)我背后正有个神秘的黑影
So weeping, how a mystic Shape did move
在移动,而且一把揪住了我的发,
Behind me, and drew me backward by the hair;
往后拉,还有一声吆喝(我只是在挣扎):
And a voice said in mastery, while I strove, --
“这回是谁逮住了你?猜!”“死,”我答话。
`Guess now who holds thee?' -- `Death.' I said. But, there
听哪,那银铃似的回音:“不是死,是爱!”
The silver answer rang, -- `Not Death, but love.'
白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第十首
EBB _Sonnets from the Portuguese_ No. X
不过只要是爱,是爱,可就是美,
Yet, love, mere love, is beautiful indeed
就值得你接受。你知道,爱就是火,
And worthy of acceptation. Fire is bright,
火总是光明的,不问着火的是庙堂
Let temple burn, or flax. And equal light
或者柴堆--那栋梁还是荆榛在烧,
Leaps in the flame from cedar-plank or weed.
火焰里总跳得出同样的光辉。当我
And love is fire. And when I say at need
不由得倾吐出:“我爱你!”在你的眼里,
_I love thee ... mark! ... _I love thee_ -- in thy sight
那荣耀的瞬息,我忽然成了一尊金身,
I stand transfigured, glorified aright,
感觉到有一道新吐的皓光从我天庭
With conscience of the new rays that proceed
投向你脸上。是爱,就无所谓卑下,
Out of my face toward thine. There's nothing low
即使是最微贱的在爱:那微贱的生命
In love, when love the lowest: meanest creatures
献爱给上帝,宽宏的上帝受了它、
Who love God, God accepts while loving so.
又回赐给它爱。我那迸发的热情
And what I _feel_, across the inferior features
就象道光,通过我这陋质,昭示了
Of what I _am_, doth flash itself, and show
爱的大手笔怎样给造物润色。
How that great work of Love enhances Nature's.
白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第二十一首
请说了一遍,再向我说一遍,
Say over again, and yet once over again,
说“我爱你!”即使那样一遍遍重复,
That thou dost love me. Though the word repeated
你会把它看成一支“布谷鸟的歌曲”;
Should seem `a cuckoo-song,' as thou dost treat it.
可是记着,在那青山和绿林间,
Remember, never to the hill or plain,
那山谷和田野中,纵使清新的春天
Valley and wood, without her cuckoo-strain
披着全身绿装降临、也不算完美无缺,
Comes the fresh Spring in all her green completed.
要是她缺少了那串布谷鸟的音节。
Beloved, I, amid the darkness greeted
爱,四周那么黑暗,耳边只听见
By a doubtful spirit-voice, in that doubt's pain
惊悸的心声,处于那痛苦的不安中,
Cry, ... `Speak once more ... thou lovest!' Who can fear
我嚷道:“再说一遍:我爱你!”谁嫌
Too many stars, though each in heaven shall roll, --
太多的星,即使每颗都在太空转动;
Too many flowers, though each shall crown the year?
太多的花,即使每朵洋溢着春意?
Say thou dost love me, love me, love me -- toll
说你爱我,你爱我,一声声敲着银钟!
The silver iterance! -- only minding, Dear,
只是记住,还得用灵魂爱我,在默默里。
To love me also in silence with thy soul.
白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第三十首
今晚,我泪眼晶莹,恍惚瞧见了
I see thine image through my tears to-night,
你的形象;然而不是今朝,我还看到
And yet to-day I saw thee smiling. How
你在笑?爱人,这是为什么?是你,
Refer the cause? -- Beloved, is it thou
还是我--是谁叫我黯然愁苦?
Or I, who makes me sad? The acolyte
一个浸沉在欢颂和崇拜中的僧侣
amid the chanted joy and thankful rite
把苍白无知觉的额头投在祭坛下,
May so fall flat, with pale insensate brow
或许就这样俯伏。正象他耳内轰响着
On the alter-stair. I hear thy voice and vow,
“阿门”的歌声;我听得你亲口的盟誓,
Perplexed, uncertain, since thou art out of sight,
心里却一片怔忡不安,因为不见你
As he, in his swooning ears, the choir's amen.
在我的眼前。亲爱的,你当真爱我?
Beloved, dost thou love? or did I see all
我当真看见了那恍如梦境的荣光,
The glory as I dreamed, and fainted when
并且经不起那强烈的逼射而感到了
Too vehement light dilated my ideal,
眩晕?这光可会照临,就象那
For my soul's eyes? Will that light come again,
盈盈的泪,一颗颗滚下来,又热又真?
As now these tears come ... falling hot and real?
|
|